LXI Consulting LLC, along with International CFO LLC, International Mergers & Acquisitions, and Li Xu International (Asia) Ltd., offers practical and effective financial and management consulting services to companies with cross-border operations. Our expertise lies in providing fast and cost-effective solutions to complex international business transactions and operations, through leveraging an international professional partner network.
We collaborate with some of the world’s largest and mid-tier international CPA firms, law firms, consulting firms, and investment banks, in major cities such as Houston, New York City, Calgary, London, Paris, Munich, Oslo, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Seoul. With our extensive network and experience, we ensure that our clients receive the highest quality services tailored to their specific needs.
At LXI Consulting LLC, we offer a wide range of comprehensive services that cater to the unique needs of companies with cross-border operations. Our services include:
• Cross-border Investment Banking: Our experienced team provides buy-side and sell-side services, including cap raise, to help our clients navigate complex cross-border transactions.
• International Management Consulting: We offer a range of management consulting services, including market consulting, interim CEO, outsourced international CFO services, and turnaround/post M&A integration. Our team of experts provides tailored solutions to support our clients’ business objectives.
Past Project Reference:
International Management Consulting:
- A Chinese petroleum equipment technology and manufacturing company (a Blackrock portfolio company): LXI Consulting LLC was initially engaged to address property tax issues, but our scope of services expanded to include providing an interim CEO to manage day-to-day business operations. When the business strategy changed, we worked with the client to develop a plan for liquidating the business and addressed remaining legal and tax issues.
Business Development and Project Management:
- a European port terminal automation company entering the US energy industry. Our team managed software development sales and project delivery for international clients, including Stolt-Nielsen.
- provided post-merger integration of a 50M USD revenue manufacturing US company with operations in five countries. The business was acquired by a global leading oil service company, just two months before the company’s HQ was set to file for bankruptcy. Our team worked closely with the client to implement a comprehensive integration plan that addressed key operational and financial challenges.
International CFO Service: accounting, tax, consolidation in the countries clients operate.
- Outsourced CFO for a Texas based industrial automation company with international operations in Asia, the US, and Europe.
- Outsourced CFO for a Texas based petroleum recruiting and staffing service firm with operations in Mexico, Columbia, and the US.
- Outsourced CFO for a Texas based food tech and manufacturing company with operations in India, Canada, and the US.
- Set up a simplified transfer pricing and cash repatriation solutions for a US trading company with a Chinese subsidiary.
- Advised cross border tax issues for a CPA firm tax partner at a top ten accounting firm in the US, to assist their clients the night before signing a large supply and purchasing agreement with a Mexican supplier.
- Set up a global FX and interest hedging strategy and manage the hedging books for an international oil service company with operations in over 10 different currencies and over 14 billion USD notional.
Training/ Market Consulting:
- Conducted corporate training as a subject expert on the US solar market, invited by Sinolink Securities (国金证券), a top ten securities firm in China. The course was well received by over 100 hedge fund managers investing in the Chinese solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) manufacturing industries.
- Market insights consulting for a large European strategic company interested in acquiring hydroelectric projects worldwide.
- Provided market consultation to the one of the world’s largest insurance companies headquartered in Europe, regarding the US renewable market and associated risks.
Cross border advisory:
- Assisted a leading precision measurement manufacturing company (US based) acquiring a German distributor and converting the current wholesale distribution model to direct sale model.
- Advised the CEO of a publicly traded Chinese petrochemical company right before signing an acquisition agreement with Flint Hills Resources (a 1B USD petrochemical company) in the USA. The deal was previously advised by Morgan Stanley and due diligence by a Big 4.
- Advised a leading professional service firm CEO to acquire a public traded engineering firm in nuclear space.
- 500MW (5x100MW) solar development project in Ethiopia with capital markets in the UK, Germany, France, Norway, Japan, China, Korea, and the Middle East.
- 2020: 250MW (5X50MW) solar operating assets in Vietnam with capital market in UK, France, Norway, Japan, China.
Crypto / DeFi:
- LXI advised a Middle East based DeFi project with leading Asian crypto exchanges in Singapore and Korea. Additionally, this company entered the Asian markets and connected with the Asian crypto community.
- a UK based Oxford spin-off ophthalmology device company (post EU CE mark): with international capital market (US, China, Japan, EU) and market entrance (technology licensing agreements to Asian strategics). The main inventor is a leading AI expert at Oxford University.
- a US-based cardiac Electrophysiology device company (post-US FDA). The inventor is a worldwide leading cardiac electrophysiology expert. LXI and its partners helped the Company access capital in China, Japan, EU, UK, and the Middle East; and helped with licensing agreements with Asian strategics.